Careers / Employment
• FitzGerald & Sons Plumbing Company hires applicants solely based upon merit. We do not discriminate on the basis of union affiliation, race, sex, color, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected status.
• FitzGerald & Sons Plumbing Company does not require any employee to pay dues to any labor organization to join our company.
• FitzGerald & Sons Plumbing Company accepts job applications only when we know there are jobs available and when we intend to fill the positions(s). When openings become available, we reserve the right to review applications already on file, prior to hiring. Applications remain on file for 90 days. It is the applicant’s responsibility to keep our hiring personnel informed on his/her availability.
• FitzGerald & Sons Plumbing Company does not accept group applications or photocopied forms. We hire based on personal contact with individuals so that we can make sound business judgments as to the most qualified applicants.
• FitzGerald & Sons Plumbing Company reserves the right to disqualify from being hired, or terminate if already hired any applicant who falsifies or omits information on the application.
• FitzGerald & Sons Plumbing Company bases our hiring decisions on a variety of factors, including skills and ability to perform the job, prior employment with us, employment references as to character and willingness to work, willingness to accept the offered wage or salary, personal interviews and in the order as follows:
a) Current employees of the company.
b) Past employees with proven safety, attendance, and work records.
c) Applicants recommended by current supervisors.
d) Applicants recommended by current employees.
e) Ex-employee referrals.
f) Related industry/vendor referrals.
g) Newspaper advertisements.
h) Street walk-ins.
• FitzGerald & Sons Plumbing Company is a drug-free workplace and all new hires are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test.
• FitzGerald & Sons Plumbing Company has established all their hiring practices, record retention, and pay practices in compliance with the Federal and State Departments of Labor and the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs.
• FitzGerald & Sons Plumbing Company is an equal opportunity employer.
FitzGerald & Sons Plumbing Company hires, develops, and rewards people who understand the importance of a strong culture that values integrity, commitment, teamwork, and diversity. Our employees have a passion for developing innovative solutions that meet our client’s needs. We offer our people the following compensation package.
Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Georgia is our medical care insurance provider. We offer multiple comprehensive medical insurance plans from which to choose. All full-time employees and their families have the option of participating in the company medical insurance program. The Company shares the cost of this benefit. All of the Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Georgia health insurance plans include an extensive network of providers, prescription drug coverage, 24-Hour Health Information Line and a Healthy Rewards Program. Team members are eligible for medical insurance on the first day of the month following 90 days of employment.
Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Georgia is our dental care insurance provider. We offer multiple comprehensive dental care insurance plans from which to choose. Our dental care program is available to all full-time employees and their families. The Company shares the cost of this benefit. Partial orthodontic coverage is included for dependent children. Team members are eligible for dental insurance on the first day of the month following 90 days of employment.
FitzGerald & Sons Plumbing Company 401K Plan is managed by an outside registered investment adviser, Fidelity Investments, Inc. and includes options that allow for both traditional 401(k) contributions as well as Roth 401(k) deferrals. Currently, matches 50% of participant’s 401(k) contributions up to 6% of compensation (i.e., 6% employee deferral results in maximum 3% employer matching contribution). Full-
time employees are eligible to participate in the 401(k) plan beginning on the first day of the month following one year of employment.
Basic Life Insurance
FitzGerald & Sons Plumbing Company life insurance at no cost to eligible team members in varying amounts dependent on their position. Team members are eligible for basic life insurance on the first day of the month following 90 days of employment.
Optional Life Insurance
FitzGerald & Sons Plumbing Company offers voluntary optional additional life insurance that is available for purchase for employee only, employee/spouse, employee/children or family. These economical group term insurance rates are based on the insured’s age and coverage amount. Coverage is available in increments of $10k.
Short Term Disability Insurance (STD)
FitzGerald & Sons Plumbing Company offers voluntary STD insurance to team
members. This program allows a team member to continue 50% of their base salarywhen unable to work due to personal illness or injury, for up to a maximum of 13 weeks. Full-time employees are eligible for this benefit on the first day of the month following 90 days of employment.
Long Term Disability Insurance (LTD)
FitzGerald & Sons Plumbing Company provides voluntary LTD insurance to salaried team members. LTD begins after three months of disability and full-time salaried employees are eligible for this benefit on the first day of the month following 90 days of employment.
FitzGerald & Sons Plumbing Company is committed to providing opportunities for work and life balance. Vacation time is allotted to employees in the following fashion:
• Up to 5 years of service = 5 days per calendar year (accrued weekly)
• Beginning your 5th year = 10 days per calendar year (accrued weekly)
FitzGerald & Sons Plumbing Company offers six company-wide paid holidays each year.
Note- The benefits offered by FitzGerald & Sons Plumbing Company as summarized above are subject to change without notice. To obtain specific benefit policy details contact the Human Resource Department for our current benefit package details.